This week, the Saturday Six highlights six KCS events that need to be on your radar in the coming weeks. Make plans now!
- It may not happen until summer, but registration is already underway! The 2016 KCS Summer STREAM Camp is now accepting applications for rising 2nd through 6th grade students. The two week camp runs from June 13-24 at Sevier Middle School and is designed to spark interest in STREAM subjects through hands-on, project-based learning in the areas of Chemistry, Digital Media, Engineering, Environmental Exploration, and the Arts. Click here for more information!
- Do you have or know of a young child that is ready to start pre-k or kindergarten? Now is the time to start preparing for this fall! KCS will hold Pre-Kindergarten Screenings for the 2016-2017 school year on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., located at the Kingsport Civic Auditorium. On that same day, all KCS elementary schools will hold open registration for rising kindergarteners from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. What an exciting time for our newest students and families!
- The next generation of D-B Band and Orchestra students is about to take flight! Current 5th grade students that will be attending Robinson Middle School this fall should have Saturday, March 19 on their radar. That will be the day of the RNR Instrument Placement, beginning at 9 a.m. at Robinson. Current 5th graders that will be attending Sevier Middle School this fall should keep the morning of Saturday, April 9 free for their instrument placement. JSMS will begin at 9 a.m., as well.
- With warmer temperatures upon us, it’s time to notice that spring concert season is right around the corner. Once we hit April, students all across Kingsport will begin to showcase their musical talents during a wide variety of evening events. Check out the KCS Activities Calendar here for the full listing, and make plans to celebrate the season!
- Blink twice, and graduation will be upon us. It’s never too early to start planning for the celebration that is KCS and D-B Graduation! Saturday, May 21 at 9 a.m. in J. Fred Johnson Stadium is the time and place. Trust us… You’ll want to be there!
- And coming up soon, don’t forget that Spring Break starts a bit early this year. The KCS Spring Break will begin on Friday, March 25, and continue through the following week. Students will return from break on Monday, April 4, 2016.