The KCS Saturday Six honors Dobyns-Bennett Head Football Coach Graham Clark, who this week was announced as a 2016 inductee into the Tennessee Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame. Here are six things you should know about Coach Clark!
- Coach Clark has compiled an impressive 241 wins during his career as a head coach, with 222 of those coming as the head of the Tribe. All those wins include 18 conference championships and an average of 9 1/2 wins a season!
- Coach Clark has been named the Big East Coach of the Year four times (1996, 1997, 2000, and 2002). When you consider he was also named Hogoheege District Coach of the Year while head coach at Chilhowie High School in 1981, that makes a whopping five district coaching honors during his illustrious career!
- The honors haven’t stopped at the local level either. Coach Clark has twice been named Northeast Tennessee Coach of the year and received the News-Sentinel 5A Coach of the Year award twice, as well. He is certainly well known and respected all across Tennessee.
- Since being named head coach in 1993, D-B has never failed to qualify for the TSSAA state playoffs. During that time, Coach Clark has led the Indians to 29 playoff victories, including three trips to the state final 4!
- With such a long and storied career at D-B, do you know where Coach Clark got his coaching start? The answer to that question is Powell Valley High School, where he was an assistant varsity football coach from 1977-78. He also coached at the college level at Appalachian State University as an assistant coach before taking the reins at Chilhowie High School in 1980. After 11 years as an assistant at D-B, he is now in his 24th season as the head of the Tribe.
- Coach Clark will be formally inducted into the TFCA Hall of Fame during the TSSAA Championship Weekend at Tennessee Tech on December 2, 2016… A deserving honor for an extraordinary coach, leader, and gentleman.
Congratulations, Coach Clark, on this tremendous honor. We are proud of you!